|Name of Class||Tajweed 2|
|Credit Hours||3 Hours|
|Class Description||This level of Tajweed teaches intermediate students pronunciation skills and the general Tajweed rules needed to ensure correct recitation of the Qur’aan.|
|Instructor Name||Sheikh Ahmad Abdel-Wahab|
|Required Text||Kareema Carol Czereinski, Tajweed rules of the Qur’aan, Vol. 1|
|Supplementary Text||Umm Muhammad, A Brief Introduction to Tajweed|
- To establish a bond between the student and Allah’s Book by learning its proper recitation.
- To clarify the excellence of properly reciting the Noble Qur’aan and studying it.
- To make the student familiar with Qur’aanic pronunciation skills and the most common rules of Tajweed, theoretically and practically.
- To enable the student to correctly recite surat al-Fatihah and as much as possible from the 30th Juz’ of the Noble Qur’aan.
- To enable the student to correctly recite the Noble Qur’aan and thoroughly prepare him/her to carry the University’s message that is based on Allah’s Book.
Tafkheem and Tarqeeq:
- Letters that always have tafkheem or always have tarqeeq.
- Letters that sometimes have tarqeeq and sometimes have tafkheem.
The rules of noon saakina and tanween.
The rules of meem saakina.
The rules of laam saakinah.
The rules of al-mutamaathilain, al-mutajaanisain, al-mutaqaaribain, and al-mutabaa’idain.
The rules of Idghaam.
The rules of madd.
The rules of hamzat al-Wasl.
The rules of starting, stopping, and pausing.