|Name of Class||Tajweed 1|
|Credit Hours||3 Hours|
|Class Description||This level of Tajweed teaches beginners the pronunciation skills and basic Tajweed rules needed to ensure correct recitation of the Qur’aan.|
|Instructor Name||Sheikh Ahmad Abdel-Wahab|
|Required Text||Kareema Carol Czereinski, Tajweed rules of the Qur’aan, Vol. 1|
|Supplementary Text||Umm Muhammad, A Brief Introduction to Tajweed|
- To allow for the worship of Allah Almighty through learning the correct recitation of the Qur’an.
- To establish a bond between the student and Allah’s Book by learning its proper recitation.
- To clarify the excellence of properly reciting the Noble Qur’aan and studying it.
- To make the student familiar with Qur’aanic pronunciation skills and the basic rules of Tajweed, theoretically and practically.
- To enable the student to correctly recite surat al-Fatihah and the 30th Juz’ of the Noble Qur’aan.
- To enable the students to correctly recite the Noble Qur’aan and thoroughly and preparing them with the knowledge needed to correct the recitation of those within their sphere of influence.
Introduction to Tajweed:
• Virtues of learning and reciting the Qur’an.
• Types of Lahn
• Rules of isti’aadha
The articulation points of the letters:
• Articulation points of Alif, Waaw, Yaa
• Articulation points of Hamza, Haa, ‘Ayn, Haa, Ghain, Khaa.
• Articulation points of the Tongue,
• Articulation point of the Qaaf, Kaaf, Jeem, Sheen, Yaa, Daad, Laam
• Articulation points of the rest of the letters.
The characteristics of the letters.
The characteristics of Hams and Jahr.
The characteristics of Shiddah, Tawassut, and Rakhaawah.
The characteristics of Isti‘laa’, Inkhifaad, Itbaaq, and Infitaah.
The characteristics of Safeer, Qalqalah.
The characteristics of Leen and Inhiraaf.
The characteristics of Tikraar, Tafash-shee, and Istitaalah.