|Name of Class||Islamic Management|
|Credit Hours||3 Hours|
- To enable students to take up leadership roles in organisations working to seek the pleasure of Allaah
- To give students the understanding of leadership from an Islamic Perspective
- To enabel students to manage any conflicts that may occur in their organizations
- To enable them to work as members and or leaders of Islamic organisations
- To enable Students to do tstrategic planning and build their organisations
- Leadership from an Islamic Perspective
a. Defining leadership.
b. The Leader as Coach and Delegator.
c. Leadership and Emotional Intelligence in Islam.
d. Developing effective leaders.
- Managing Stress?
a. What is stress?
b. Three approaches to stress.
c. Sources & effects of stress.
d. Stress coping mechanisms.
e. Islamic coping mechanisms.
f. Preventive stress management
- Managing Conflict in Islamic Organizations
a. What is conflict?
b. Conflict management.
c. Levels of conflict and the conflict process.
d. Conflict resolution techniques.
e. Step-by-step process for resolving conflict.
f. Constructive functions of conflict
- Business Ethics from an Islamic Perspective
a. Three approaches to ethical business dilemmas
b. Uniqueness of the Islamic code of ethics
c. Factors influencing ethical behavior
d. The Islamic ethical system
e. Islamic business ethics from a stakeholders’ perspective
- Team-Building in Islamic Organizations
a. Importance of team activities in Islam
b. A team is not a “group”
c. Stages of team development & Implications for leadership
d. Team-player and team-leader styles
e. Dysfunctional decision-making in teams
f. How to build an effective team
- Communication from an Islamic Perspective
a. The importance of communication
b. The communication process and model
c. Components of verbal and nonverbal communication
d. Barriers to effective communication
e. Multicultural communication
f. Improving communication through the Islamic etiquette of communication
- Time Management for Islamic Organizations
- Strategic Planning and Implementation for Islamic Organizations
a. Introducing strategic management
b. Developing a strategic plan
c. Developing an operational plan
d. Strategy implementation
e. Strategy evaluation